Happy spring to all you mountain bike racers!
By now I’m sure most of you have a race or two under your belts already, unfortunatley, up here in the mountains we are still seeing snow (even as I type this actually). We originally had asperations of racing as early as next week (April 27th), intuition told me otherwise and we opted to start the 11th of May this year. Our first events will all happen in Round Valley this year and will also include events at Deer Vally, The Canyons and Solitude.
After getting many requests to move the events back to Tuesdays we’ve finally listened. With the exception of the final event at Solitude, all the races will be on Tuesdays this year. This does a number of things, but most important it allows our series and the Soldier Hollow/Sundance Series to have unique days during the week. I also believe is gives everyone a little more recovery time for Saturday races.
Additionally, we’ve pulled back the number of events and we’ve spread them out over the entire summer a little better. I think this will keep us all more motivated for the race nights.
We are going to have a payout this year of $5,000! We will post the payout levels to the Expert and Sport level riders in the coming weeks.
- SEE NEXT POST ABOVE FOR UPDATED SCHEDULE
Park City, Utah and Big Cottonwood Canyon
First Races in Park City will be in Round Valley > > Quinn’s Junction Recreation Complex (Exit 4 off HWY 40)
Race Night Details:
– Registration Starts @ 5:45PM
– Kids Race Starts @ 6:15PM
– Main Event Starts @ 6:30PM (ish)
Who Can Race:
– FREE kids race (9 and under one lap / / 10 – 12 two laps)
– Men Expert A (Pro and Semi-Pro + Fast Experts): 3 Laps (sometimes 4)
– Men and Women Expert B: 3 Laps
– Men and Women Sport: 2 Laps
– Men and Women Beginner (Kids 10 and Older): 1 Lap
– $12 Per Race plus 1x fee of $5 For Race Plate
– The loop will be approximately 4 miles each night
– finish time goal is 45 – 60 minutes
– Kids course will be age appropriate while trying to incorporate 1-track and fun!
– $$ to top finishers in Sport and Expert classes for Series Total Pts.
– Each night we will have a drawing for goodies!
– Title Sponsor: Full Throttle (Coke)